Re: Thai support in framebuffer d-i

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org> wrote:
>  Wouldn't pango's pango-thai-lang.so module be required for Thai support
>  in g-i (directfb or xorg based)?  Currently, it's not included in the
>  pango udeb, we would need libthai and libdatrie udebs to include this
>  module.

It's not mandatory for mere rendering, although it would do improve
line wrapping.

And the word break engine will consume a fair amount of resource
(e.g. the whole Thai word list loaded into memory). If that's
acceptable, I'm OK to provide the udeb. I'm just afraid it would not
worth it.

Regards,
--
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan