Re: debian installer, kernel and keyboard

On Friday 05 February 2010, Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen wrote:
> I have not found information on what kernel is present in the debian
> installer, how can I do this?

If your keyboard is not working that can be tricky :-)

For daily built images you can go to [1] and then select the link for
"other images" for your architecture. There you will find a file named
MANIFEST.udebs which lists kernel module udebs included in the current
images and the package names for those include the kernel version.

> Is there new information when the kernel will be updated according to
> the information in the message i refer to?

We're currently working on an alpha release in which this issue will not be
fixed. After that a switch to the new kernel should hopefully happen
fairly soon. But it will take at least about a month.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers,
FJP