Re: netcfg: using udhcpc to get dhcp lease fails

On Sunday 31 January 2010, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> wrote:
> > Having all leases in the file would mostly be an aid for
> > troubleshooting. It's not a huge issue for me though.
>
> To it to concatenate them is a simgle line change in the script so I
> can do it easily. I just didn't think it was useful but if you want
> just tell me and I do it.

I've tested this a bit and the strange the strange thing is that I don't
get any new entries for normal renews. I see new REQUEST+ACKs on my
server, but nothing in D-I in either the syslog or the leases file.
So apparently either the script does not get called on normal renews (maybe
it will be called only if something changes), or there is some bug.

After some thought I've decided to make the change anyway. IMO it can be
useful for troubleshooting, especially as given the above it would only
result in multiple entries in case of exceptions.

Change has been committed.

As far as I'm concerned all is OK now. We will need a new busybox upload
before we can upload netcfg though.

Cheers,
FJP