Re: 32-bit install kernel sleeps off during installation

Frans Pop schrieb:
> The first thing I would suggest to do is try if the Squeeze installer [1]
> (which currently uses a 2.6.30 kernel) still has the same problem.

Tried this out and yes, it works with Squeeze 32bit installer from
todays snapshot.

> You're in luck as the 686 kernel is already available as udebs.
>
> The steps are roughly as follows:
> - check out the lenny branch of the D-I source repository:
>   svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/branches/d-i/lenny/installer
> - cd installer/build
> - edit config/i386.cfg and change -486 to -686 in KERNELVERSION
> - install build dependencies
> - build a netboot image using:
>      make reallyclean; fakeroot make build_netboot
> - use either the netboot image itself, or the mini.iso

Thanks. Just some "stupid questions":

a) can I build a 32bit install image on a Debian amd64 system?

b) is there a bit of documentation for those things? Websites, books
or whatever. Wouldn't mind reading some stuff to get deeper into this.

Regards and thanks
Rainer
--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Rainer Koenig