Re: chose unrelated swap and no way to lock console

Hi Frans,

thanks for your feedback!

On Montag, 11. Januar 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
> Please file a proper BR against partman-auto-crypto.

Will do.

> The only acceptable implementation IMO would be to have it as an _optional_
> component (i.e. only loaded if explicitly requested by the user during
> anna [1]), with a postinst that then takes care of setting the password.
> The existing network-console udeb could provide inspiration.
>
> Also, the udeb would have to be very minimal: no deps on pam, adduser.

Sounds all good to me :)

> Feel free to file a wishlist BR. But unless you're willing to implement it
> yourself I doubt that will achieve much.

At least we can document the design now.

> > Again: is this is a known+reported (and still existing in squeeze) bug?
> It's not a "bug" by definition. At most a missing feature.

Which is called a wishlist bug report :-) To me, "bugs" are mostly things to
help tracking stuff. Whether this stuff is a missing or broken feature...

cheers,
	Holger