Re: Bootable USB images (Re: using d-i to install kfreebsd-i386 from usb)

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 03:12:37PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:

>>> I have tried that, but it doesn't work. It works fine when used on a
>>> CD-ROM, but not when used on an hard-drive. The grub menu is shown
>>> correctly, but when selecting the install entry, it freezes on
>>> entering "kfreebsd /boot/kernel/kfreebsd.gz".
>>
>> Could you put that image somewhere?  I'll have a look.
>
> It is available on http://temp.aurel32.net/mini.iso . I tried it with
> qemu (-cdrom and -hda).

In case it's not widely known, let me quote isolinux.doc:

Starting in version 3.72, ISOLINUX supports a "hybrid mode" which can
be booted from either CD-ROM or from a device which BIOS considers a
hard disk or ZIP disk, e.g. a USB key or similar.

It would probably be a worthwhile additional feature for the Debian
Installer.
--
Cheers,
Feri.