Re: Errata for Squeeze RC1
Sex, 2010-12-31 às 06:48 +0100, Christian PERRIER escreveu:
> Quoting Miguel Figueiredo (email@example.com):
> > Hi all,
> > proposed changes for the errata regarding Debian Installer Squeeze RC1.
> > Feel free to comment.
> We may need something about multiple CD installs not working (606227).
> I dont have much time to work on this now, and I'm having big
> networking problems here at home that make my work very slow....not
> sure I can write something.
- added issue about multiple DVDs scanning not working.
- armel raid issue removed as it's solved.
Melhores cumprimentos/Best regards,
RCS file: /cvs/webwml/webwml/english/devel/debian-installer/errata.wml,v
retrieving revision 1.150
diff -u -r1.150 errata.wml
--- errata.wml 9 Dec 2010 02:38:25 -0000 1.150
+++ errata.wml 31 Dec 2010 19:23:08 -0000
@@ -1,21 +1,21 @@
#use wml::debian::template title="Debian-Installer errata"
-<h1 id="squeeze-beta2">Errata for squeeze release beta 2</h1>
+<h1 id="squeeze-beta2">Errata for squeeze release candidate 1</h1>
-This is a list of known problems in the squeeze beta 2 release of
-Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here,
+This is a list of known problems in the squeeze release candidate 1 of
+the Debian Installer. If you do not see your problem listed here,
please send us an <a href="report-template">installation report</a>
describing the problem.
- <dt>Speech synthesis not working in user session</dt>
- <dd>When installing the desktop task in English with accessibility
- (braille or speech) enabled, speech synthesis works at the gdm login
- prompt, but does not work in the user session. The workaround is to
- login in a text console and remove the festival package.</dd>
+ <dt>Multiple DVD scanning is not working</dt>
+ <dd>Scanning multiple DVDs is not working correctly and only the
+ first one is recognized.<br />
+ See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/602421">#602421</a>.
<dt>Makes incompatible partition table with MacOS 9</dt>
<dd>It was reported that the partitioning tool in the installer makes
@@ -56,13 +56,6 @@
See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/519254">#519254</a>.
- <dt>Failed to install on powerpc NewWorld with added disk controller</dt>
- yaboot: failed to install boot loader with addon Promise card
- as disk controller on powerpc NewWorld.
- See <a href="http://bugs.debian.org/589701">#589701</a>.
<dt>Buggy routers may cause network problems</dt>
If you experience network problems during the installation, this may be
@@ -106,18 +99,6 @@
systems over 16TiB in size.
- <dt>armel: root on RAID boot issue</dt>
- Please be aware that there is a problem if you choose to have root on RAID
- that will cause your machine not to start after installing Debian.
- Fortunately, there's a easy workaround: when the installer tells you that
- it's done and asks you whether you want to reboot, choose "Go back" and
- open a shell in the menu. Then use nano to edit the file
- <tt>/target/usr/share/initramfs-tools/hooks/flash_kernel_set_root</tt> and remove
- the check that ensures the root device exists. Type exit, choose "Make the
- system bootable" and press okay at the "Installation complete" message.
<dt>s390: unsupported features</dt>