Re: Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 04:35:12PM +0330, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> I have installed Debian Squeeze using the beta2 installer downloaded from
> Debian Installer's page (I mean, I didn't use the weekly snapshot).  The
> following is the output of fdisk on my hard drive in which I noticed
> something I am not familiar with: Partition 1 does not end on cylinder
> boundary.

Since Squeeze, several of the tools select better partition allignments
without taking the not longer relevant cylinder value into account.
Other tools may warn about that, but this is now considered buggy.

Bastian

--
Captain's Log, star date 21:34.5...