preseed software raid, one device with many partitions?

Looking over the preseed docs for setting up software raid,  it looks like you
need to create a separate raid device for each partition?  I'm a software
raid newb,  and I've only set it up a couple times going through d-i
manually.

What I'm looking to do is create one raid device containing all of sda and
sdb.  Then partition that device up into /boot,/,/home etc.  From the preseed
docs,  it looks like they cut up the disks so each partition is its own raid
device.

Am I reading the docs wrong?

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apbs04.html.en

FWIW OS is lenny.

Ryan Braun
Aviation and Defence Services Division
Chief Information Officer Branch, Environment Canada
CIV: 204-833-2500x2625 CSN: 257-2625 FAX: 204-833-2558
E-Mail: Ryan.Braun@ec.gc.ca