kFreeBSD and memory

Hello,

I'm currently updating the minimum memory sizes for various lowmem
variants. I tried the kfreebsd images, and I had to give 76M ram to
qemu, else parameters don't seem to be correctly propagated:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/md0
ROOT MOUNT ERROR:
If you have invalid mount options, reboot, and first try the following from
the loader prompt:

     set vfs.root.mountfrom.options=rw

and then remove invalid mount options from /etc/fstab.

Loader variables:
vfs.root.mountfrom=ufs:/dev/md0
vfs.root.mountfrom.options=

Manual root filesystem specification:
etc.

mountroot>

With 76M, it boots fine, but looking at /proc/meminfo shows

MemTotal:   24020 kB
which is much less than 76M... Is that expected?

Samuel