Re: l need help

Have made an update on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify to list the link to http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/.
Could be interesting for some other people.

Mario

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 5:57 PM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 04:45:34PM +0100, franki asabere wrote:
> Please, help me to build the kernel since l dont have much idea as to how to
> build it

I really wouldn't bother.  Making a custom installer is a lot of work
for a one time use.  Since the guy in japan has already done that work,
just use that.  I ahve used that in the past.
For amd64 the installer cd is:
http://mirror.home-dn.net/d-i/2.6.32/amd64/lenny-custom-0116.iso

For i386 the isntaller cd is:
http://mirror.home-dn.net/d-i/2.6.32/lenny-custom-0116.iso

They have 2.6.32 kernels at this time according to the main page.

He has been doing this for Lenny, Etch and Sarge, so he has many years
of experience making updated installer images.

After installing, add backports.debian.org to your sources.list and use
the 2.6.32 kernel from there.  backports is now an official Debian
feature.

--
Len Sorensen

--