Bug#600861: [console-setup-mini] Package console-setup-mini needs to be xserver installed?
>> Why is Bugreport Nr. 546983
>> not listed under bugreports of console-setup-mini:
>Err, because it is fixed. We don't keep all the 600 000 bugs on the
>summary pages, that'd be unreadable.
There was listed only 1 resolved bug. If there would be 2, it would not
be "unreadable". There was quite well described how this package works.
And last commit was on 22 Nov 2009. Most usefull hints:
I am unable to reproduce this. Can you make the following tests:
1. What happens if you run on the console 'setupcon' as root?
2. What happens if you run on the console
3. What happens if you run on the console
4. If all this works that check that there are files
/etc/rcS.d/S06keyboard-setup and /etc/rcS.d/S49console-setup
5. If some of this doesn't work, then open /etc/default/console-setup
and put there
Then send the output of 'setupcon'
If the installation of xkb-data helps to setup keymap for console even
before installation of xserver, it could be in "Recommended".
Maybe in the future could be in bug summary page of any package link
somewhere to http://wiki.debian.org/any_package
where would be described how this package works.
My problem is done - so this can be closed.