Re: is lilo ever installed by default anymore?

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:24:29AM +0200, posion bit wrote:

> >> Do you mean Squeeze?
> >
> > Yes, Squeeze
> >
> >> What if /boot is on LVM (can happen with manual partitioning)?  Grub2
> >> can (at least in principle) handle this, but I've never seen that in
> >> action.
> >
> > Probably needs to be checked..:)
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't know If this may help, but I can say that the thinkpad where I
> tested squeeze, all the disk is a single partition defined as  LVM
> volume group, and my logical volume /boot is into. D-I choosed grub2
> (and worked).
>
> Time ago, when you choosed /boot into LVM, lilo was choosed by d-i I think.
>
> And If I don't remember bad, lilo was "auto" choosed in  eFi hardware
> (intel iMac), but I can't say if squeeze does the same, because I need
> to track stable on my imac.

I have MacBook here :-)

FYI:
 * Even for lenny d-i as I checked just before release
   Normal MBR system (amd64/i386): grub     (GRUB 1)
   MacBook EFI system (amd64/i386): grub-pc (GRUB 2)
 * squeeze d-i
   Both are grub-pc (GRUB 2).

Early lenny testing d-i chose grub (GRUB 1) and I had to chose manually
lilo to get it installed and going.

Osamu