Question on preseeding crypto partition

Hello,

I have been trying for some time how to preseed a rather complex
situation: root-on-LVM-on-LUKS-on-RAID1 . I know I could do it manually
in a fraction of the time I have already invested here, but that is
beside the point :-) Any _other_ insight you could give me would be much
appreciated:

I tried using the partman-auto/expert_recipe as shown in
http://www.debian.org/releases/testing/example-preseed.txt . This sets
up root-on-LVM-on-RAID1 and that works well. But adding an extra
partition with the entries cipher, crypto_type, ivalgorithm, keyfile,
keyhash, keysize, keytype, and crypt_active does not seem to work: the
installer shows a wierd error dialog with only questionmarks as title
and text. This seems to make some sense, as the recipe is is parsed by
(no guarantees):

/lib/partman/lib/recipes.sh  : decode_recipe()    called by:
/lib/partman/lib/auto-lvm.sh : auto_lvm_prepare() called by ???

This has no connection to crypto...

I also tried using my own script to do the partitioning, called by
partman/early_command . While this creates the partitions nicely, I do
not know how to inform partman of my settings. This should be doable by
putting files in directories below /var/lib/partman/devices/. But how to
create the general directory structure before adding the important files
(like mountpoint, label, ...)?

I see three possibilities of how to continue with this:

* fix the expert_recipe, if possible. Does anyone have a short template
for root-on-LVM-on-LUKS-on-RAID1 ?

* extend my partitioning script so it communicates correctly with
partman. Is there any information available how to do that? Is it even
possible (partman is not yet running when the script executes, so the
FIFOs used by all the partman-scripts do not exist yet)?

* use my script to add a new script in /lib/partman somewhere to do what
I want. But the question is again: what should the script do??? Any
documentation?

I realize that I could solve the questions by just reading all the
scripts contained below /lib/partman . But after doing that for more
than one day already without finding the solution and seeing that there
are quite a few of those scripts (df says it is 1244 1K-blocks), I hope
to get an answer from one of you   :-)

Thanks for reading till the end,
Olaf Mandel
--