Re: using isohybrid for usb bootable isos

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 10:44:35PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
>>Joey Hess wrote:
>>This would add 6 to 7 mb to iso images it's used on, I don't know how Steve
>>feels about that. :)
>
> That itself is a minor pain, but not enough to make me complain about
> a useful feature. The *more* difficult thing is trying to make
> iso-hybrid work with jigdo: we make the .iso and .jigdo files directly
> in the same invocation of genisoimage, so anything we do to
> post-process the .iso files won't show up in the .jigdo
> equivalents. :-(

The iso-hybrid is indeed a quite nice way to avoid a lot of hassle for
users regarting the usb image usage; having you comments in mind I
believe we could add it for netboot.iso images in d-i for now and try
to make it default for Wheeze since it looks like debian-cd tools does
demand a lot of work to it fit well on this.

What people think?

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br