Re: problem installing debian-506-powerpc

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 06:04:27PM +0200, Zsombor wrote:
> It is happenning during the install, just after I boot from CD and
> choosing 'install64' (and any *64) . Tried with all imaginable boot
> parameters this problem still persists. But I also hate yaboot so I
> give a chance with grub2 & squeeze.
>
> Thank you for the advise!

Hmm, at least the daily build installer I used about 2 months ago booted.

I had to do 'install64 video=ofonly'.  Without the ofonly option it
won't boot for me.

yaboot on the install CD is fine, but yaboot for disk access is hopeless
(The debian package hasn't been updated in years, and the fixed version
that would work for these machines isn't in Debian as a result).
Given yaboot doesn't do software raid, modern linux filesystems or
anything else, grub2 is highly preferable even if it takes some manual
work to install.

--
Len Sorensen