Thoughts about network-console

Hi,
I have some thoughts that I would like to discuss with you about
network-console:

First is a (quite paranoid) security consideration:
Let's say that some user wants to install Debian remotely in his working
environment.
He starts the installation in front of the computer, sets a password,
that happen to be its daily-use one. He then do the remaining steps
remotely.
Then, an untrustworthy colleague goes to the computer, and just
reads /var/lib/cdebconf/questions.dat: installer's password is there,
plain, clear text.
So, I think we should remove this password from the debconf database as
soon as it is written to /etc/shadow.

Second is quite the opposite: I would like to have a debconf boolean to
display the password in the network-console/start note.
The reason behind this is that, on some devices, with display and no
usable input, we can (and were already doing) display
network-console/start.
On such devices, the password is set by a preseed file, so, showing it
should be helpful to the user.
I don't think there are strong security issues there, since somebody
that have access to the screen probably have physical access to the
device too.
Making it a debconf boolean defaulting to false (and probably never
displayed to the user?) should make it not be a security problem outside
of the scope of the few devices with such preseeding.

Best regards,
Thibaut Girka.