Re: Spam cleaning effort: July 2010

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 7:00 AM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> We're now in August, so it's time for our team of magic reviewers to
> work on July 2010 archives.
>
> More details on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/SpamClean
>
> Note that, out of about 20-25 spams identified for June
> month, only 5 have been finally removed from the archive.
>
> It means that we probably need a few more DD's to look at signalled
> spam for the debian-boot mailing list through

I disagree.  I believe the above fact indicates that we need a better
communication mechanism for reviewers, rather than more isolated and
thus un-coordinated effort.  For example, even with the first
reviewer's hint that he found 14 spam, I was not able to duplicate
reach that count despite several extra passes over the month.

The simplest change I can think of is to allow people to see the list
of messages that have been nominated by other reviewers.  One way to
do that would be to just make the information available.  Another way
to do that would be to create a collaboration page whereupon reviewers
could deposit their nominations for the benefit of subsequent
reviewers.

Had I more authority that I am willing to assert unilaterally I would
simply place the current month's list of nominees immediately after
the monthly summary info on the spam cleaning page referenced above.

> https://lists.debian.org/cgi-bin/review/review1.pl. If you're a DD,
> please think about it.

Why do the reviewers need to be DDs?

-- Lee