two issues with install on Dell Latitude 2110

Title: two issues with install on Dell Latitude 2110

Hello

sorry for the informal way I report. I'm an "enduser".

I'm trying to do a network install (of testing or unstable) on a Dell Latitude 2110 via a usb
stick (using the easy way with zcat boot.img.gz > /dev/sdX ... ) and I have the following
early problems:

1) the versions of boot.img.gz since July Sunday 25 lead to a boot error when I try to boot
on the usb stick. This was not the case on (at least some) slightly earlier boot.img.gz,
that alas I did not keep.

2) assuming I start with a working boot.img.gz, I get quickly in trouble with networking.
The network card is
Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM57760 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
which is supported (eg the debian live cd transfered to a usb stick works ok). However, it
is not recognized during install and I suspect this is due to the fact that the modules on
the installer include tg3 but neither broadcom nor libphy (which are loaded when I use the
debian live cd). This may (or may not) be related to #553024. Any hint for a (not too
complicated) workaround ? Or even better, some hope for a near future fix on the d-i itself ?

Best regards,

Michel Bauer