Re: Serbian Latin D-I translation announcement

Quoting Janos Guljas (janos@janos.in.rs):
> Hi,
>
> I would like to announce that debian-installer translation for Serbian
> in Latin script (sr@latin) has started. It is basically just a

One should note that I expect some difficulties to arise when it's
time to activate the language in localechooser.

localechooser constructs the locale from the chosen language (in this
case sr@latin) and the chosen country, by concatenating them.

So, in the common case of someone choosing sr@latin, then Republic of
Serbia, we will end up with "sr@latin" and "RS". Concatenating gives
"sr@latin_RS".....while the right locale is "sr_RS@latin".

So, at first glance, I think we'll need to change from  a simple
concatenation to a more elaborated code, when the chosen language code
contains an "@" character.

I'll try to work on this during DebConf, preferrably by doing it a
"clean" way in order to support all cases where the language "code"
include a script specifier (some people might want "ca@valencia" to be
properly supported ....even if it's unlikely that we activate this
language in D-I).

Keeping Janos CC'ed (unless you're also subscribed to -boot, Janos?)
so that he's aware that support for sr@latin will not be out of the
box.