Bug#589213: Do not install Exim in minimal system
- To: "Daniel Richard G." <skunk@iSKUNK.ORG>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Bug#589213: Do not install Exim in minimal system
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:41:41 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com> (Daniel Richard G.'s message of "Thu\, 15 Jul 2010 16\:04\:08 -0400")
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[Daniel Richard G.]
> I want to install a minimal Debian/squeeze system. When the
> installer presents the tasksel screen, I unselect everything, even
> "Standard system utilities". Yet when the install is finished, I see
> that a complete exim4 installation is present, and running. This is,
> to say the least, inappropriate for a minimal install.
Why do you find exim4 inappropriate for a minimal install?
> From the looks of it, exim4 is installed because of a Recommends: by
> the cron package:
This can be verified by running 'aptitude why exim4' in the installed
I suspect the change you propose can not be implemented by
debian-installer, but instead would have to be done by changing cron
or any other package pulling in the mta package. At least the way d-i
is designed at the moment.