Image version: http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/daily/hd-media/boot.img.gz
Date: <Date and time of the install>  July 14, 2010 11:30 PM EDT

Machine: Intel DP55WB
Processor: Core i5 750
Memory: 4GB
Partitions: n/a did not make it that far.

Output of lspci -knn (or lspci -nn): n/a did not make it that far.

Base System Installation Checklist:
[O] = OK, [E] = Error (please elaborate below), [ ] = didn't try it

Initial boot:           [E]
Detect network card:    [ ]
Configure network:      [ ]
Detect CD:              [ ]
Load installer modules: [ ]
Detect hard drives:     [ ]
Partition hard drives:  [ ]
Install base system:    [ ]
Clock/timezone setup:   [ ]
User/password setup:    [ ]
Install tasks:          [ ]
Install boot loader:    [ ]
Overall install:        [ ]

Comments/Problems:

Keyboard LED's flicker briefly as system powers up then num lock LED lights up solid and system freezes. Powering up with keyboard unplugged and leaving system idle for several minutes yields same results. I guessed the installer would timeout and start automatically but wasn't sure. This keyboard is recognized as a Chicony in lenny installation instances but marked as a Sony model PCGA-UKB1. MFR NO KU-7923 on the device.