Re: I am deeply disappointed

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 10:27:04AM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> So, I've just installed squeeze on a lenovo x201.  I have to say, I am
> once again, thoroughly disappointed by the experience.

So _what_ exactly did you try? "Squeeze" is to undefined to even start
thinking about.

>                             I was looking forward to VESA mode X

xserver-xorg-video-intel is installed by default and uses KMS. VESA is
the fallback for unsupported kernels to allow upgrades. This is known to
work. There is no such kernel in testing/unstable.

>                           no working peripherals,

Which sort of peripherals?

>                                                   no functional hotkeys,

Works fine here. AFAIK needs acpid (installed by default) and most of
them are only used by the desktop environments.

>       Supend and resume - hah!

Properly setup by the installer if it finds a usable swap partition.
Known to work.

>                                 That was something I was looking forward
> to fixing in the coming weeks.

This is just a rant, no useful information.

Bastian

--
Those who hate and fight must stop themselves -- otherwise it is not stopped.
		-- Spock, "Day of the Dove", stardate unknown