Re: Getting d-i to find firmware on the CD generated by debian-cd

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 03:42:19PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
>Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> writes:
>
>> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 03:17:08PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>>On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 06:58:52PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>>>
>>>I've added code into debian-cd to generate images with firmware on the
>>>first CD. Add "FORCE_FIRMWARE=1" in CONF.sh. I've also tweaked the
>>>build scripts so that we'll start generating them. I can see that I've
>>>got all the firmware debs in /firmware in the ISO, but I don't see any
>>>feedback to suggest that the installer is picking up on them. Test
>>>images available at
>
>I haven't tested it but just from this short text you seem to be doing
>it wrong.

Thanks for that helpful feedback.

>From memory you should add the debs to the normal repository structure
>on the CD under non-free and in the Release file specify that the CD
>carries main and non-free. Iirc you also need to list non-free in the DI
>info file but I'm not sure. Last time I did this was by hand and when
>lenny was frozen.
>
>DI then sees that you have both main and non-free on the CD and reads
>main/binary-arch/Packages and non-free/binary-arch/Packages and sees all
>the firmware debs (same for udebs).

Try reading up-thread to see what Petter has implemented...?

Google-bait:       http://www.debian.org/CD/free-linux-cd
  Debian does NOT ship free CDs. Please do NOT contact the mailing
  lists asking us to send them to you.