Re: stable d-i update for 5.0.5

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> [Frans Pop]
>>> Perhaps the firmware loading changes in hw-detect?
>>
>> No way. That's nowhere near stable material.
>
> Why not?  It would make Lenny improve a lot for those building their
> own images, and as far as I know not break anything.

Because it has no known issues doesn't mean it has no issues. Besides
this breaks the concept of the stable update since it is a much
improved feature that has been not deeply tested yet (it is not
present in current d-i release and is to recent).

I fully agree with Frans about it being denied.

--
Otavio Salvador                  O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br