Re: Re (2): lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

On Wed, 26 May 2010, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
> You're missing the point.  The main selling point to management
> is that Linux is free.  If they have to buy new backup software
> in order to accommodate Linux' backup requirements, that will
> kill it on the spot.  Whatever boot loader I use must not
> require new backup software or impose special backup requirements.

One of the advantages of Linux is that you are not forced to do things the way
that the distribution vendor packages it.

You can take the last lilo package that gets uploaded, build it and put it in
your own apt repository, and then support it for your own users.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog