Re: Bug#584201: debian-installer: KDE expert graphical netinst doesn't create users or set root password
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Bug#584201: debian-installer: KDE expert graphical netinst doesn't create users or set root password
- From: Petter Reinholdtsen <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 13:19:02 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
> The installer asks for the root password, but does not set it.
> The installer asks to create a user. User info is provided,
> including password, but the user is not created.
> Shadow passwords are enabled. Root login is enabled.
Sound like the user-setup part of the finish-install.d scripts is not
executed. The root password is gathered in the postinst, and set in
the finish-install.d script.
Can you provide the last 500 lines of the installation log,
/var/log/installer/syslog, to make it possible to try to figure out
what is going on?
I have not investigated the issue, just wanted to provide some
pointers for those that got time to look into this.