How to delete keys from the debconf database

Hi,

(please apologize if this is not the right address to post this
question, but I do not find any debconf related mailing lists)

I use the following line to preseed debconf for a mysql installation:

echo "mysql-server mysql-server/root_password select" | debconf-set-selections

Is there a similar command to remove preseed values from the debconf database?

I have looking extensively on the internet in vain ...

Best regards,
Daniel Gonzalez