Re: Multiple preseed files

On Sunday 09 May 2010, Henning Sprang wrote:
> I'm desperately trying to use something that I couldn't find being
> documented anywhere but a changelog entry that makes me believe it
> exists:
>
> Using multiple preseed files on a custom CD install - with the purpose
> of having a generic one for all systems and some other special ones
> for different system types.
>
> It should exist since 2004, as this tells me:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-devel-changes@lists.debian.org/msg565
>49.html

That's an extremely general comment to base your conclusion on...
I don't think it's ever been supported the way you seem to think.

> Can anybody confirm that, or, preferred, does anybody know the
> contrary, and can tell how it can be used actually?

Two things are supported:
- combining different preseeding methods (initrd/file/net)
- chainloading preseed files.
  http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs05.html#preseed-chainload

Check out Philip Hands' preseeding framework for ideas:
http://hands.com/d-i/

Cheers,
FJP