Re: Sudo mode and policykit

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> In squeeze, with consolekit installed, a lot of groups are made
> obsolete: audio, netdev, powerdev, plugdev, video (modulo a number of
> buggy packages remaining), probably bluetooth. In the end, floppy and
> cdrom could go away as well. We are actually improving in this
> direction.

I'm very glad to hear this.  However, I'm worried that I (and I think
many others too) have no idea how to handle having users with the
appropriate permissions without the groups. I looked up the
information about consolekit, and couldn't find any reference for this
either.

I very recently installed squeeze with KDE, and the way to allow the
second user to access to USB devices and similar stuff was to add that
user to the same groups the first user had been added.

--
Besos,
Marga