Re: Fwd: Problem with local repository

On Tuesday 16 March 2010, Hugo Alberto Perlin wrote:
> The first part I mean the part before select what kind of installation,
> like Desktop, Data Base Server, Web Server... The second part is after
> that.

That is still not 100% clear. Are both parts you mean *after* apt-setup, or
is the first part during base-installer? When it comes to the
configuration of APT what happens before apt-setup (i.e. during
base-installer) is completely separate from what happens after (pkgsel).

> > Are you sure that the packages in your local repository have a higher
> > package version than the ones available on the mirror (including
> > security updates!)?
>
> Yes, the repository is sincronized every day with the debian mirror. The
> mirror.list is:
>
> deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian lenny main contrib non-free
> deb http://ftp.br.debian.org/debian lenny main/debian-installer
> deb http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ lenny/updates main contrib non-free

Where is your local repository in this list?

Also, try the following. Change to a debug shell and
# chroot /target
# apt-cache policy

Check if the result matches what you'd expect.

If you have *both* your local repository and an official mirror and they
are at the same priority, then APT may well decide to use them both. I'm
not sure. Maybe you need to set a higher priority for your local
repository.

Anyway, this is not really a Debian Installer question. If your local
repository is listed in your sources.list then D-I works correctly and
this is more a general APT question. I suggest you ask for further help on
the debian-user list.

Cheers,
FJP