Re: debian installer, kernel and keyboard

2010/2/28 Otavio Salvador <otavio@ossystems.com.br>

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 5:48 PM, Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen <kennethkarls@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for a good answer, I can now sucessfullly install Debian. But now I have problems with my network. The installer (daily build dated today) detects my wireless card but cannot connect to a wpa2 network. In additon my cabled card "Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet card" is not detected by the installer, and if I try to modprobe bnx2 or bnx2x it does not give any good results with the daily build of today.

Good to know that keyboard works now.

Any good suggestions?

 Do you know if your network adaptor is suppose to work with bnx2 or bnx2x? bnx2 is available in installer (at least in last upload today) but bnx2x isn't. I've added bnx2x for next  upload but I'll wait few days to see if no other requests are done before uploading it.

I was mistaken, the correct module is t3g but i needed to unload the tg3 and broadcom module, modprobe the broadcom module and then insert the tg3 module.
Here is my card, Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe (rev 01)
I also noted that the installer detected my wireless card but I was unable to connect it with wpa2 during the initial install, only wep was available.
Anyhow, thanks for suggestions, Kenneth