Re: Complex preseeded partitioning

(CCing because it's so long ago...)

Just found your mail unanswered in my mail client. And in the spirit of
better late than never...

On Wednesday 29 July 2009, Matthew Johnson wrote:
> Back in 2007 I sent some emails to this list about preseeding with
> complex partitioning schemes (lvm on raid, lvm on encrypted raid, etc).
> I don't know how much this has improved since then, but having chatted
> to a -boot member at debconf, he suggested this could still be useful.

Things have improved. There's now a partman-auto-raid component that does
quite a few things of what you're aiming at. No doubt it can be improved
further, but you may want to take a look at it.

See:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/apbs04.html#preseed-partman-raid
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/installer/doc/devel/partman-auto-raid-recipe.txt
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/packages/partman/partman-auto-raid/#_trunk_packages_partman_partman-auto-raid_