Re: r62202 - trunk/packages/cdebconf/debian

Hi Cyril,

So you're subscribed to d-boot now? :-)

On Tuesday 09 February 2010, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> (09/02/2010):
> > This format is not (yet) allowed by policy: rootskel-gtk (>=0.05)
> > [!s390] (except for build dependencies)
>
> AFAICT, it just works, and not only for Build-Depends. It can't be
> used for an arch: all package, though, since it gets substituted at
> build time, so it probably won't do what you would want.

I know that it is going to be allowed in the future and because of that I
don't doubt that it (mostly?) works.
But AFAIK *currently* it's not allowed by policy [1], except for build
deps. And thus it should not yet be used in uploads.

That other packages violate policy is not really a convincing argument.
A reference to an (official) statement from FTP-masters would be.

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html