Re: [RFC] Degrading reiserfs to optional filesystem?

Am Sonntag, den 31.01.2010, 21:44 +0100 schrieb Frans Pop:
> Hello Felix,

Hello,

Thanks for CCing.

> On Saturday 30 January 2010, Frans Pop wrote:
>
> As mentioned above, reiserfs would still be supported, but only if the user
> explicitly selects it. The only change needed is lowering the priority of
> udebs, which I'd take care of.
>
> Comments?

I aggree. The only changes which are bigger then a few small line fixes
that were made upstream was reducing the use of the Big Kernel Lock.
Except of that it's pretty dead and I haven't sawn any progress about
the BKL lock recently on grub-devel.
Reiserfs is now pretty much dead upstream.

(I'll also drop the reiser4 udebs. When I took the packages over I
already wondered why the previous maintainer added them, but kept them.)

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer