Providing a modified d-i floppies method for lenny

  Am I right that one of the reasons for dropping d-i floppies method
from lenny is the size of the required boot floopy?
  I think that the floppies installation method is still desirable.
Perhaps it would be good practice to keep the etch infrastructure for
producing d-i floppies, even though the files for lenny's boot floppy won't
fit a single floopy.  A warning about this fact should be placed in the
servers directory.  What I have in mind is:
1) People who need it will be able to replace some of the files in the
   boot floppy, perhaps the kernel or initrd, with smaller files that
   suffice for their installation requirment.  Instructions how to do it
   might be advertized too.
2) Maybe someone will come up with a good method to split the boot floppy
   into 2 floppies.
3) Keeping the boot floppy might further force the d-i software to be
   split into smaller, functional, units; which seem to me a good
   software engeeniring procedure.
--
sobtwmxt@sdf.lonestar.org