Re: problem retrieving packages with debootstrap.

Frans Pop a écrit :
On Thursday 27 August 2009, Guillaume Yziquel wrote:

However, I've repreatedly been unable to use debootstrap to create a
new base.tgz. There's always a package I cannot download. For instance,
here, it's cpio.

Are you using debootstrap or cdebootstrap? The second is default, but the first is, at least in my experience, more reliable.

I'm using debootstrap as far as I know.

Also, can you reproduce the error if you use debootstrap outside pbuilder? If you can, I suggest you check the log in the subdirectory debootstrap of target directory.

The command I use is

pbuilder create --debootstrapopts --variant=buildd --basetgz base.tgz

I do not know how it translats in term of debootstrap.

The most likely causes are:
- temporary broken dependencies in unstable: wait until they get resolved

That's probably not the issue: 'broken' packages would take turns way too fast.

- unreliable mirror: try using a different one

I: Checking component main on http://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian...

How do you change the mirror you're using?

- unreliable network connection

This is most probably the issue. However, is there any way to make use debootstrap reliable on unreliable connections? Like increasing timeouts, retrying, etc...?

This information would be extremely useful.

--
     Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/