Re: debmirror (was: d-i git repo: sample conversion)

On Tue, 2009-09-08 at 10:06 +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 September 2009, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > One issue I had with debmirror in the past (with nobody to complain
> > to ;-))
>
> Hmmm? Never heard of the BTS? ;-)

Fair point ;-) I just never quite got round to it when there seemed to
be no active maintainer and this thread reminded me that someone had
stepped up.

> > was that I wanted a partial mirror of main+contrib of testing
> > but just main/debian-installer of sid. I wanted this so that I can
> > build squeeze install CDs with the sid d-i without the bandwidth cost
> > of mirroring all of both distributions.
>
> A valid use case. I have something similar myself: mirror testing/unstable
> for six arches + stable for only two of those.
>
> There's a couple of open wishlist bugs for that. It comes under the
> heading of "improved flexibility" (see my reply to Lee Winter).
> There are some suggested approaches and I have some ideas, but not yet
> decided on the best approach.

I guessed you meant #387686 and subscribed to that bug.

> It is somewhere on my ToDo list, but not the highest priority.

Thanks. I currently have a solution which works so it isn't a priority
for me either.

Ian.

--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Neurosis - The Tide

Give me a Plumber's friend the size of the Pittsburgh dome, and a place
to stand, and I will drain the world.