Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup

On Saturday 27 June 2009, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 10:10:29PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> > However, as it only uses 'gzip -d' that could be fixed by replacing
> > that with 'gunzip' (which _is_ supported in busybox-udeb), right?
>
> I created a script /bin/gzip with the following contents
>
> #!/bin/sh
> gunzip "$@"
>
> and this works - setupcon and setfont load font on the consoles.

I don't think that's an acceptable solution as it suggests it's possible
to also zip files in D-I, which is very simply not the case.

Also, won't setupcon now not think that gzip is available and start trying
to gzip keyboard files?

Why not just change setupcon and setfont to use gunzip? Is there any
technical reason to prefer 'gzip -d' over 'gunzip'?

Please try and keep things clean! This is a kludge. And an ugly one at
that.

Cheers,
FJP

P.S. I had not seen that you had an internal function for which.