Re: Switch to udhcpc in netcfg

Quoting Luk Claes (luk@debian.org):
> Hi
>
> Attached is a first try to support udhcpc in netcfg.
>
> I opted for dropping support for pump and the ISC dhcp client, though
> that could be reverted if really wanted.
>
> I don't know how DHCP_OPTION_LEN for udhcpc can be found, so I did not
> touch it for now.
>
> Note that I did not test my patch yet except for compilation errors.
> Please do test it and come back to me, any feedback appreciated!

I just tested it with a locally built netboot image in Virtualbox.

I applied the patch, compiled netcfg and built with that udeb in
build/localudebs

It unfortunately doesn't work. netcfg times out.

When trying to do "udhcpc eth0", I get:

udhcpc (v1.13.3) started
udhcpc: exec /usr/share/udhcpc/default.script: No such file or
directory
Sending discover...
udhcpc: sendto: Network is down

Is there anything else that I could investigate?