Re: [D-I] Please test Debian Installer with console-setup

Anton Zinoviev, le Fri 12 Jun 2009 17:49:15 +0300, a écrit :
> the console layout used circumflex instead of caron because dead_caron
> is not properly supported by the kernel.

That used to be the case: in k_dead() there is only a handful of
diacriticals: `, ', ^, ~, " and ,. But nowadays there is dead2 (key type
13, right between slock and brl), which can handle 256 diacriticals.
The mapping is up to userspace through the compose table.

That means that to make dead_caron working, we can make console-setup
use a 'v' diacritical for instance: add compose entries like v + c ->
č, and make dead_caron emit K(13,'v').

Samuel