Re: d-i kernel sound drivers selection in kernel-wedge

On Tuesday 31 March 2009, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> I'm starting to think that we could benefit of a specific flavour for
> it. What others think?

IMO sound support is completely outside the normal scope of the installer
and substantially increasing the size of the initrd and memory
requirements (even if only for the graphical installer) for that,
whatever the noble intentions, is utterly insane.

I also wonder for what languages this proposed change will add speech
synthesis support. If it's only a few selected Western languages, then
IMO it's also not in the general spirit of the installer.

Yes, I agree at this point we should definitely switch to separate
accessibility images and separate accessibility CDs. The impact of
accessibility additions on the regular images is becoming way too big.

Cheers,
FJP