Re: arm (not armel) d-i buildd is over

On Sunday 15 February 2009, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> This also raises the question what to do about arm, i.e. whether we
> can remove support for arm from the kernel, installer and other
> packages.  Riku and Aurelien initially agreed to remove it, but then
> Riku pointed out that we may have to keep support around in sid if arm
> wants to take part in lenny+half.
>
> I think it makes sense to support arm for lenny+half in terms of the
> kernel upgrade, but not for the installer (since we don't want any new
> installations of arm anyway).

As we used the *Lenny* installer for Etch-n-half, supporting new installs
for Lenny-n-half would not be possible anyway (assuming we'd use the same
setup, and I currently don't see any reason why not) as it will just be
impossible to build the installer for arm in Squeeze.

I suggest completely removing any trace of arm from D-I SVN.