etch custom CD

Trying to add all packages installed after initial configuration.
Apt-move /var/cache/apt/archives ... works fine. Rsync to copy of
debian cd. Md5sum fix. None of my new packages are being listed in by
apt-cache, apt-get.
Following these steps;
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Modify/CD
Alterrnate paths exist on this page to complete the task. I did this
from the page;
1)Create Copy of Image
2)Modify Image using "Alternate Method", note I take it to mean
alternate to 'Create new release of package files'
3)Fix Md5sum
4)Create new image

What step am I missing? Installer does not see my packages even though
I know they exist in the /pool/main/.... directories on the cd.