Re: r61376 - trunk/packages/choose-mirror

On Friday 20 November 2009, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> I am still far from being a huge fan of such changes: forgetting to add
> brackets back when changing the conditional block is something that
> happens. And then, after loosing 30 minutes and some
> head-banging-against-the-next-wall, you find yourself cursing the C
> syntax… and the people who removed the brackets.

The old code did not conform to the D-I coding style standard and was mixed
in style regarding use of braces for single conditional statements.
Basically I followed the D-I coding style and used the coding style of the
kernel (with which I'm strangely enough most familiar when it comes to C)
where it comes to omitting braces for conditional statements.

Personally I don't see the problem, and I like the increased readability
because things take up less vertical space. But it's fine with me if the
next person to work on choose-mirror adds extra braces.

P.S. I also looked at newt.c last week and that's a much, much less
readable and consistent dump of C code than choose-mirror now is.