Re: [RFC] lenny-support udeb

* Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> [2009-11-21 10:39]:
> > I've cobbled together a first attempt at a lenny-support udeb.
>
> The udeb is now in the archive.

FWIW, I tested it yesterday and it worked well.  But this was on a
headless ARM box, so some of your scripts didn't apply.  However, I
verified that for example ext4 was no longer offered in partman.

I also used apt-setup/local0/repository to install a newer kernel.
This worked because the machine I was testing on is already supported
but lenny but it will currently fail when this is not the case.  This
is because the APT repository is only added after the kernel is
installed by base-installer.  Do you know if there's a good reason
against moving apt-setup's generators/60local to
/usr/lib/post-base-installer.d (well, maybe copying rather than moving
since apt-setup regenerates sources.list)?

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/