Bug#546983: uk keymap also fails
Same problem here. US keymap on all consoles as well as X.
I have to "loadkeys uk" to get proper map.
This happens on two squeeze boxes (another is ok?).
Problem on both an i386 as well as this amd64 box.
In passing, on the i386 box, "Numlock" stays on and requires two attempts to clear it.
Might be related, but probably needs more info to debug.
Although this report was generated when running stock git kernel, happens also with
-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
APT prefers testing
APT policy: (990, 'testing'), (500, 'unstable'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Kernel: Linux 2.6.32-rc3_c2
Locale: LANG=en_GB.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_GB.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Versions of packages console-setup-mini depends on:
ii debconf [debconf-2.0] 1.5.27 Debian configuration management sy
Versions of packages console-setup-mini recommends:
ii kbd 1.15-4 Linux console font and keytable ut
Versions of packages console-setup-mini suggests:
ii lsb-base 3.2-23 Linux Standard Base 3.2 init scrip
-- debconf information:
* console-setup/variant: United Kingdom
* console-setup/ctrl_alt_bksp: true
* console-setup/altgr: The default for the keyboard layout
* console-setup/codeset: # Latin1 and Latin5 - western Europe and Turkic languages
console-setup/toggle: No toggling
* console-setup/fontface: Do not change the boot/kernel font
* console-setup/compose: No compose key
console-setup/switch: No temporary switch
* console-setup/charmap: UTF-8