Re: debian-installer for GNU/kFreeBSD

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 01:56:37PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 06:00:30PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> > Robert Millan a écrit :
> > >
> > > If you plan on making this the official installer, I would strongly
> > > advice against replacing the old installer completely untill "netinst"
> > > images are provided.  With "netboot" or "bussinesscard" builds, install
> > > process can break due to external changes in the archive, which seems
> > > highly undesireable.
> > >
> > > OTOH netinst is self-contained, and can even install without a network
> > > connection.
> >
> > That's indeed something wanted, but I don't know how to produce such
> > images which already include a set of packages. If someone can help on
> > that, that would be appreciated.
>
> Btw, now that it is possible to install from testing/squeeze, and the
> likelyhood that this install path breaks is small, perhaps this is less
> of an issue.
>
> May I suggest making testing/squeeze installs the default, so that the old
> builds can finally be deprecated?

Looks a good idea. I'll try to install a testing system and if there is
no serious regression compared to unstable, I'll make that the default.

Note however that the daily image will still be based on sid, like other
daily images, but will install testing instead.

--
Aurelien Jarno	                        GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73