Install Manual

I'm new to LINUX, but am working hard to eliminate Windows 100%. The
problem I run into is installing open source packages. For example,
Adobe Flash Player 10 (several bookmarks require it) and Pidgin does not
work--basically I think Yahoo (SBCGLOBAL) wants me to establish another
account--but I've too many buddies that already know how to reach me via
current account.

Would installing Install Manual give me the source(s) needed to use
command line to get things done? Or, is there a book that would help
with command line for everything in LINUX?

Your support in this matter is greatly appreciated

Randy Myers