Re: MS-DOS boot [Was: Installation report: SETUP.EXE dysfunctional]

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Lee Winter, le Sun 30 Aug 2009 11:42:15 -0400, a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
>     Lee Winter, le Sun 30 Aug 2009 10:35:46 -0400, a écrit :
>
>     > The only requirement I have is to override the installer's insistence
>     > on mounting a CD and using it as the source for the install.
>
>     Are you using the hd-media image?
>

> No, I am using the netinst image.

For the linux kernel & initrd too?

Not too.  Only AFAICT.

Grub takes the kernel and the initrd from the hd partition and goes from there.  I know of no other piece that is coming from the HD.

> Is the hd-media image less fanatical?

At least that's what you are supposed to use for an installation from an
HD...

http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apas02.html.fr#howto-getting-images-hard-disk

OK (i hink), mais ma francaise est trop ancien.

Thanks,

Lee Winter
NP Engineering
Nashua, New Hampshire